Spring into April with this delicious and refreshing freezer jam recipe, made using our BERNARDIN® Freezer Jam Pectin.
Yield: Makes about 5 x 250 ml jars
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Processing Time: Processing Time Not Required
- 4 cups (1000 ml) crushed strawberries, about 2 quarts (2 L)
- 1 -1/2 cups (375 ml) granulated sugar or SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated
- 1 pouch (45 g) BERNARDIN® Freezer Jam Pectin
- Wash and rinse 5 BERNARDIN® Freezer Jars and lids or 250 ml mason jars and closures.
- Wash, hull and crush strawberries, one layer at a time. Measure 4 cups (1000 ml).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Freezer Jam Pectin and sugar or SPLENDA® until well blended. Stir fruit mixture into pectin-sugar mixture; stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) headspace. Wipe jar rims removing any residue. Apply lids tightly. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year, or serve right away.
Note: SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, granulated, may be substituted for the granulated sugar. Use the same quantity of SPLENDA® as directed for granulated sugar. Other artificial sweeteners are not suitable substitutes.