Yield: Makes about 5 x 250 ml jars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Processing Time: Processing Time Not Required
This week, we're featuring a light and refreshing jam recipe - raspberry! Original Fruit Pectin crystals let you to make a sweet, soft-set jam without cooking.
Notes + Tips: Because this jam is not heat processed, it must be stored in the freezer. Do not decrease sugar; doing so may result in gel failure. For freezer jams with less sugar (higher ratio of fruit to sugar), use Bernardin Freezer Jam Pectin sold in 45 g pouches.
3 cups (750 ml) crushed raspberries
5 - 1/4 cups (1300 ml) granulated sugar
3/4 cup (175 ml) water
1 pkg (57 g) BERNARDIN® Original Fruit Pectin
- Wash and rinse 5 BERNARDIN® Freezer Jars and lids or 250 ml mason jars and closures.
- Wash, drain and crush raspberries. Do not puree.
- In a large bowl, thoroughly stir together 3 cups (750ml) prepared raspberries and sugar. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, gradually whisk Original fruit pectin into water until dissolved. Stirring frequently, bring to a full rolling boil that cannot be stirred down. Boil hard 1 minute.
- Combine hot pectin mixture with fruit mixture; stir 3 minutes.
- Ladle jam into jars, leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) headspace. Wipe jar rims removing any residue. Apply lids tightly. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks, freeze up to 1 year, or serve right away.