What better way to kick the winter blues than curling up with some apple pie? To make it even better - you can make and eat it straight from your mason jar!
What You'll Need:
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) raisins or dried cranberries
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chopped cored peeled Granny Smith or other tart apples
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250 ml) unsweetened apple juice
- 1 pkg (57 g) BERNARDIN® Original Fruit Pectin
- 9 cups (2.25 L) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground nutmeg
Place 9 clean 250 ml mason jars on a rack in a boiling water canner;
cover jars with water, and heat to a simmer (180°F/82°C). Set screw
bands aside; heat SNAP LID® sealing discs in hot water, not boiling
(180°F/82°C). Keep jars and lids hot until ready to use.
For full instructions, visit: http://www.bernardin.ca/recipes/moms-apple-pie-in-a-jar.htm